Monday 13 May 2013

Task 1 Vitamin water imagery




 The purpose of task 1 was to take a product of my choosing and re brand it.
For this project we were split into groups, my group decided to re brand vitamin water.
We felt as a whole that vitamin water was quite bland visually, the bottle itself is shaped like a medicine bottle and it doesn't really seem to appeal to a mass audience of younger and more active people.
Vitamin water's usual consumer more elderly, other consumers buying it to either cure a hangover or illness even the label wrapped round the bottle feels bland it is essentially a two colour print with text put over it we agreed that the bottle shape and labels were a priority.

From here we created a mind map so we could get a better feel and general understanding of the brand itself and where we wanted to take it.
We eventually decided that the bottle shape and logo would be our main priority to change to appeal to a wider audience.

I decided that i would design the new bottle shape whilst the rest of the group worked on the logo and label.

I decided that before my pencil even touched paper I had to gather some imagery to gain influence from, these are my findings, I have decided to trying and boost attention with a a more slender bottle to give it a more active feel as this is something I had noticed on the bottles during my research. another thing I had noticed is the inclusion of grips, this again not only gives off a feeling of motivation and active energy but it is also useful to the active and sporty consumer included on our target market, the consumer can run and jog without the fear of dropping their bottle.

Another thing to take into account was the lid of the bottle, screw caps do not make for very easy access and will prove terribley insufficient in a gym.

I had a general idea of what to draw down and what to present to the rest of my group
I then decided to sketch down my ideas.


No comments:

Post a Comment